Information Systems Technician
Job Title: IS Technician
Department: Information Systems
Location: Kaukauna South
Reports To: IS Manager
Job Summary: To support and assist in maintaining operation of the network, computer hardware and software systems. Provide prompt, courteous and effective problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to credit union employees and/or members when questions or system issues arise.
The hiring range for this position is $40,000 - $60,000 annually plus benefits. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a technical resource to assist end users with questions and problems regarding electronic systems, including hardware and software, email, network and other office equipment such as scanners, printers and other related hardware.
- Perform general technical support functions including physical installation, assembly, configuration and maintenance of the network, computer hardware and software systems.
- Answer and address tickets that are opened via PaSS system.
- Escalate system problems to IS team members and/or Information Systems Manager when necessary.
- Evaluate and update information and procedures regarding systems and technologies deployed by the credit union.
- Abides by all policies, procedures, and protocols set forth in the departmental, Unison Credit Union Employee, operational and administrative policy manuals.
- General server knowledge (Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016), active directory, and group policy knowledge.
- Technical knowledge of Firewalls and VMWare.
- Technical knowledge of O365.
- Technical knowledge of network, PC, and operating systems.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to perform duties and make decisions under sometimes stressful situations.
- Must be able to relate well with Information Systems employees as well as with the entire staff and members.
- Committed to supporting mission, values and vision.
- Associates Degree in Information Systems is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with information systems or related field is required.
- Full time employment is approximately 40 hours/week.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Monday – Friday – Typically 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Additional evening and weekend hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short & Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan – Generous Profit Sharing along with 401(k) and Roth options.
- PTO/Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do data entry, stand/walk, bend/stoop/crouch, kneel/push/bend, talk and/or hear. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday to accomplish tasks, occasional travel may be required. Lift and/or carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Corrected vision in the normal range. Hearing within normal range. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc. May work additional work hours to accomplish tasks. The employee must occasionally drive from his or her home office to different branches. The employee is expected to work in stressful work situations. The physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Travel to different locations in a variety of weather conditions. The work characteristics described here are representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
I have read and understand the duties, responsibilities and requirements of this position. *
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Unison Credit Union retains the discretion to add duties or change the duties of this position at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are qualified for this position and would like to apply then complete an online application using this link: https://www.unisoncu.org/about-us/careers/. If you would like to submit a resume, send one to:
Unison Credit Union
P.O. Box 260
Kaukauna, WI 54130